NOT JUST FOR KIM K.
Although made famous by the reality influencer and self-proclaimed queen of selfies, the PRP Facial is the latest and the greatest in skin rejuvenation. Now, you can have that same treatment right here in New York at our Long Island Spa.
The PRP Facial is a fast, non-surgical treatment that combines the science of hyaluronic acid fillers (i.e. Restylane and Juvederm), unipotent stem cells and beauty to provide a custom advanced procedure.
The purpose? To smooth out fine lines, deep creases, wrinkles, provide facial volume correction (structural harmony), improve texture of the skin and renew the complexion by using the combination of Platelet Rich Plasma therapy (PRP) and/or dermal fillers. The utilization of Platelets and other growth factors found in your blood, trigger new collagen production and optimize restoration. Youthful skin is found within!
Fill out our contact form for additional information.
- Safe, Effective, Non-invasive cosmetic surgery, typically the procedure only lasts one hour.
- Soften fine lines & wrinkles; Look refreshed & younger, with a more youthful skin texture, color & tone.
- May last up to 18 months!
WHAT IS PRP?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) which contains growth factors is obtained by drawing your blood. Your blood is then spun in a high speed centrifuge to separate the plasma from the red blood cells. Your face is then rolled with a derma roller. A derma roller is a cylindrical shaped drum that is studded with tiny fine “micro needles”. Gently pricking your skin with the derma roller stimulates the creation of new skin cells and regeneration of damaged cells. Your own PRP is then massaged into the skin. The goal is to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, and the creation of new cells. Your skin will glow and immediately feel smoother and softer, with progressive improvements continuing for several months.
HOW PRP WORKS?
PRP is basically a natural product produced from your own body. Platelet-rich plasma is similar to HA fillers because it can be injected to sculpt the face. But, here’s the best part: not only does the PRP cause an increase in the volume, PRP contains at least 8 growth factors that will over a long period of time, continually work like a rejuvenating agent.
By activating these growth factors, all 3 parts of the aging process improve:
- The skin color becomes a “younger” color because of new blood vessel formation.
- Promotion of new collagen formation in the dermis lift the face back to more youthful shape.
- Since the growth factors are working to build a new dermis, the epidermis (the outer most layers of your skin) appears smoother.
Ideal candidates for the PRP Facial?
PRP therapy is autologous, which means it comes from one’s own body. Therefore, in theory, we should all be good candidates for this treatment if we want to improve the quality and appearance of our skin. Specifically, the Vampire Facial can be used to treat:
- Crow’s feet
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Fine lines around the mouth
- Dull, rough, or grey skin tone and texture
- Sun damaged skin
- Acne scarring
- Droopy skin in the eye, neck and décolletage areas
Scientists have known for years that unipotent stem cells lie dormant in the skin and provide the building blocks for healing when you sustain a burn or cut. Stem cell science is used to tell the body to grow new younger skin. There are Unipotent stem cells which grow only one specific tissue, and can be found in every part of the body. Unipotent stem cells in the skin grow new skin. The PRP facial takes the cosmetic rejuvenation process to a higher level.
It’s as easy as 1,2,3…
- The specialist draws a similar amount of blood required for a basic lab test.
- The specialist than places the blood into a centrifuge and spins the blood at a very rapid rate to separate the platelets from the other components of the blood.
- The platelets are activated by using one of two methods that are natural to your body. This activation of platelets is the final step in producing your very own platelet-rich plasma.
Begin by sculpting specific areas of the face. The glycosaminoglycans (what an HA filler replaces) act like a sponge that holds water in the face providing a basic shape. This initial injection of HA is the precursor to the ultimate desired form. The polishing and refining step of the sculpting process which ultimately contributes to the appearance of a younger version of you comes next!
Ther may be slight tenderness or redness for the first day after treatment; similar to that of a sunburn. By the third day any swelling should diminish. Nothing a light make-up application can’t cover. Depending on the target areas or severity of the treatment, the procedure can last anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. However, there is no significant downtime and you may resume you everyday activities right after your session.
You will notice results within a few days after the procedure is performed. Welcome refreshed, natural looking skin! Withing 2-3 months, you will see the greatest advantages and optimal, youthful results. Results may last anywhere between 1 to 2 years.
Call to set up an appointment or come in and visit our Long Island Spa location. Go to our Contact Page, get in touch and start looking younger today!
Call Now! (917) 331-6191
We are located at 500 North Broadway, Suite 142A, Jericho — Long Island, NY 11753
Make a PRP Facial appointment today!