Bellafill® is a polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) filler that was FDA approved in 2006 for long term correction of nasolabial folds. Bellafill also contains a local anesthetic. This takes the edge off by providing pain relief at the same time as the initial injection.
Virtual Skin Spa specializes in Bellafill injection treatments for acne scars on Long Island, NY. The whole procedure of Bellafill takes approximately 15 minutes to perform. Results from injections of Bellafill treatment appear almost immediately. Recent studies have shown that the cosmetic effect of Bellafill® persists for 10 years or more.
Schedule your no-obligation Bellafill consultation for acne scars treatment on Long Island, NY. Please contact Virtual Skin Spa today by calling (917) 331-6191.
Before and After Bellafill Photos
Bellafill for Acne Scars
Bellafill is currently the only dermal filler on the market that is FDA approved for treatment of acne scars! Bellafill can be used on acne scars that are atrophic and distensible. This means that it works best on shallow scars that can disappear if manually stretched. For other types of acne scars, such as icepick or boxcar scars, other types of acne scar treatments may work better.
How It Works
Bellafill injects under the scars to stimulate your own collagen to fill the scar. The unique injectable gel, comprised of tiny microspheres integrates and promotes new tissue. You see improvement right away, but the skin just keeps getting smoother as your own body fills the scars.
Bellafill works in two ways for acne scars:
- Collagen provides immediate volume below scars, lines, or folds to lift them to the level of the surrounding skin; and
- Collagen inducing microspheres trigger your body’s own collagen production that create long-lasting improvement.
On average, Bellafill lasts between 1 and 5 years for many patients on Long Island.
For patients on Long Island seeking long term to permanent correction for acne scaring, Bellafill may be right for you. For best results, we typically suggest 2 to 4 treatments spaced 6 weeks apart.
How is Bellafill different from other fillers?
Most dermal fillers are made out of natural or synthetic materials, which get broken down and absorbed by your body with temporary results that typically don’t last much longer than six months to a year.
Benefits of Choosing Bellafill:
Bellafill offers you the following benefits:
- Long lasting, elegant wrinkle correction – maintain natural looking results for as long as 5 years
- Results are seen immediately
- Minimally invasive procedure with no downtime
- You can resume normal activities right after treatment
- Unique collagen microspheres provide a smoother suspension
- Integrates with your skin to encourage renewal of your own natural collagen
- Clinically proven to be extremely safe
Bellafill side effects may include redness, swelling, lumpiness, pain or sensitivity at the injection site. Some people experience facial firmness after injection, but this usually resolves over time.
Interested in learning more? For Bellafill acne scars treatment on Long Island, NY, please contact Virtual Skin Spa to set up your no-obligation consultation today by calling (917) 331-6191.