Dermaplaning on Long Island, NY
Dermaplaning gently removes the outer most layer of dead skin cells on the face.
Virtual Skin Spa specializes in dermaplaning services for clients on Long Island, NY. Dermaplaning has been an aesthetic trade secret throughout the industry. Dermaplanning is a great solution on its own or works well with other hydrating facials, chemical peels, or rejuvenating laser treatments. It is a simple and safe technique which gently removes the outer layer of dead skin cells on the surface of your face. By exfoliating the epidermis and the ridding the skin of fine vellus hair (peach fuzz), immediate smooth results will be achieved.
Fill out our contact form for additional information.
- Rough, dry skin
- Superficial hyperpigmentation
- Mild acne scarring
- Fine lines and wrinkles
Most often, everyone!
- Reduces the appearance of light surface wrinkling
- Smooths acne scarring
- Improves skin texture
- Corrects uneven out skin tone
- Helps to unblock blackheads
- Reduces the appearance of enlarged pores
- Generates new healthy cells
- Removes vellus hairs. ( Despite an old wives’ tale, the hair’s tetxture will not grow back darker or thicker) Vellus hair when cut or removed will grow back the same as the structure of the hair does not become damaged, it is unchanged.
- Removing epidermal skin also allows products to penetrate more readily into the deeper layers through cleansing. (This method is recommended as an option to prepare the skin for further medical or aesthetically enhancing procedures)
- The treatment results in a more refined, smooth, “glowing” appearance.
This cosmetic treatment is especially designed to address and improve most skin problems in the facial area. Even though Dermaplaning can remove fine hairs from the face, it is not an efficient hair removal procedure.
- Manual exfoliation using a 10 gauge scalpel is used to scrub the dead skin cells at a 45-degree angle.By utilizes a specially-designed tool to gently remove the topmost layers of skin leaving the skin supple and vibrant.
- Using the scalpel and a delicate touch, the provider seemingly abrades the surface of the skin using light feathering strokes.
- Vellus hair also referred to as peach fuzz, is also removed during the treatment.
- This hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair gives clients healthier, younger, and, of course, smoother looking skin.
- The outcome is fresh, bright skin revealed and a smoother look and feel to the skin.
- This treatment is recommended for all skin types with the exception of those who suffer from acne.
- This treatment is safe and effective- even for pregnant or nursing women.
NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH DERMABRASION
Dermabrasion is a medical technique in which the skin is abraded down to the dermis using a whisk-like device. There are many complications associated with dermabrasion, including infections and scarring, which is why it is not commonly used anymore. Dermaplaning, on the other hand, is a mere shaving of the skin. Since dermaplaning is a safe, easy, quick and effective procedure with few to no adverse effects, it has gained much popularity among the cosmetic enhancement space.
If it has been suggested, you undergo Dermaplaning along with an exfoliating peel, and then you should expect mild redness and slight peeling of the skin for the next couple of days post treatment.
No downtime. You may resume regular daily activities.
- Clients should be educated on the important of using sunscreen to reduce chances of damage or hyperpigmentation.
- Dermaplanning may be performed as often as every two weeks- however, most commonly once per month.
- Dermaplaning removes about 21 days worth of dead skin cells. It is best to allow the skin to complete its natural revival cycle before your next treatment.
Call to set up an appointment or come in and visit our Long Island Spa location. Go to our Contact Page, get in touch and start looking younger today!
Call Now! (917) 331-6191
We are located at 500 North Broadway, Suite 142A, Jericho — Long Island, NY 11753
Make a Dermaplaning Appointment